Friday, March 12, 2010

Hello Hurricane

I just have to share this song because I've been singing it in my head for several weeks now. The first time I really listened to the words was as I was running.  I'm usually a horrible runner and I've never really enjoyed it or even been able to do until recently.  Jason handed me his MP3 player with the new Switchfoot album on it.  When I heard this song, it made me feel like I could run forever and basically just take on the world.  It's a powerful reminder of how when we are filled with the Holy Spirit, we can face anything -- that there is NOTHING stronger than God. 
Yesterday I felt like a failure when it came to parenting.  I was easily aggervated, easily angered, without patience, just ugly.  Today, I woke up singing this song and it  hit me that my "hurricane"  is right outside every morning when I wake up.  It's all those feelings of impatience, frustration, anger,and  discontentment that threaten to ruin my day at home with my children.
 I especially like the line, "... before I started building I counted up these costs."  Raising children to follow Christ is far from easy and the costs are high, but God has called me to motherhood and I chose to follow his calling so I am in this for the long haul.  And the only way I can do it is with His empowerment.
Anyway... here's my theme song ... hope you enjoy it!

http:www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFjvaaF25F4

No comments:

Post a Comment