Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Lenna

Lenna has started doing some really cute things that I need write down so that I do not forget them.  So here goes:

The other morning while getting dressed, she insisted that her panties match her clothes

She likes to carry her purse, phone, and baby stroller with baby around the house -- talking on the phone as she pushes her baby

The other day, I heard her in her room singing our Sunday school songs (very loudly).  A few minutes later she came into the kitchen dragging her baby doll behind her -- not holding her, but sort of letting the doll "walk" behind her.  She told me she was the Sunday School teacher and she needed a Bible because it was now time for the story.

About a month ago, I had taken my 4 plus the little boy I keep into the grocery store.  As we were leaving, we saw a lady putting her cart away.  Lenna looked at me very seriously and said, "Mommy. . . look at that lady. . . Where are all her children?"  It cracked me up because she's so used to seeing me with a slew of children that I guess she thinks every woman should be followed by a group of little ones.


It is so sweet watching her play at being a grown up.  It is also very sobering as I realize the awesome responsibility of being a role model for my daughter.  It reminds me that I need to go to The Father on a daily basis with very specific prayers for my precious little girl.

Here is Lenna's life verse: 
"But the wisdom that comes from God is first of all pure, then peaceful, gentle and easy to please.  This wisdom is always ready to help those who are troubled and to do good for others.  It is always fair and honest. Peacemakers who sow in peace raise a harvest of righteousness."
James 3:17-18

1 comment:

  1. Aww... I loved reading about Lenna, thanks for posting this. It reminds me of when Allie was that age! Lenna is such a precious little girl. What a wonderful verse, too.

    ReplyDelete