Thursday, December 3, 2009

Christmas Gift Ideas

One of the things we've discussed in our small group Advent study is making or purchasing gifts that cost less money, but more time and thought.  So, I'm thinking of printing out scripture verses onto cardstock and framing them.  This would be a gift for family members on my Mom's side.  Many of them have traumatic lives and desperately need encouragement.  If anyone knows of a specific verse which has encouraged you, please share.  I've been searching my Bible, but haven't come up with the "perfect" ones yet. 


Here are some pictures of ones I did for our home a couple of years ago.   The pictures aren't great, but it gives you an idea of what I'm talking about.




So what's your favorite verse of encouragement?

2 comments:

  1. What a great idea! Can I borrow it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely... and feel free to pass on any economical yet thoughtful gift ideas you find.

    ReplyDelete